Interested in becoming an officer of the club? Click here or scroll down to see some of the general guidelines for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year (August 2021 to July, 2022).
Looking to fulfill CSER hours?
General Officer Policies effective for 2021-2022
Minimum roles of executive positions for the LU American Marketing Association collegiate Chapter is president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Executive officer positions are restricted to students enrolled in marketing and/or sales majors in the LU School of Business. Students serving as President, Vice President or any Vice President specific role should not be serving as an officer in another club or organization.
An official appointment of officers will be held the second Tuesday following the first week of classes. Dr. Huseman, the LU AMA chapter advisor, oversees the appointment process. It is our intention to have incoming officers appointed by April of the previous school year if not sooner.
In addition to the above, the role of president is filled by a student of senior status. The role of vice-president is held by a student of junior status. The person filling the vice president role in their junior year should have aspirations to fill the role of the president in the following year. This is done so a learning and mentoring opportunity can ensure the smooth transition of roles from year to year. The role of secretary and treasurer should be maintained by students of Junior to Senior status.
As the needs of the club grows, additional executive positions will exist. Executive positions are referred to as "Vice President" with several such roles also having a supportive mentoring role of "Director". For example, the Vice President of Communications can oversee a mentee role of Director of Communications. Any Vice President role as such should be held by a student of senior status while a Director role should be held by a student of Junior status.
Officers and members of the LU AMA chapter can fulfill their CSER required hours via service to the chapter. Up to five hours can be accumulated attending meetings. The remaining 15 hours must be made up of service for the club outside of the normal meetings. Special projects can be assigned by Dr. Huseman, who oversees and approves all CSER opportunities and fulfillment. Individual plans and request for CSER hours through the AMA chapter must be submitted to Dr. Huseman no later than the first week of each semester. You and Dr. Huseman will review the plan if approved and ensure you are oriented to understand your role, service obligations, accountability and reporting.
Student Clubs (per Jessica West via email 8/28/2020)
1. CSER is available through student clubs who are approved by LU Serve. Approved student clubs will be given a pre-approved CSER code (e.g. Circle “K” Club: CSER 533-001).
2. The CSER supervisor must be the club's faculty or staff advisor of record. Students must register the club advisor's name as their CSER supervisor.
3. Club officers may earn CSER credit under the following guidelines:
· The officer must serve at least 15 of 20 hours either through fulfilling their officer role, mentoring club members, or through service engagement to the community. A maximum of five hours of club meetings may count toward CSER credit.
4. Club members may earn CSER credit under the following guidelines:
· The club is an approved CSER organization with a unique code (e.g. Circle “K” Club: CSER 533-001).
· The club member must serve at least 15 of 20 hours through service engagement to the community. A maximum of five hours of club meetings may count toward CSER credit.
If you ever have any questions about what counts and doesn’t count for CSER, please contact Tim Yonts at 434-582-8959 or email@example.com.
2019-2020 Past Officers
VP of Communications
VP of Membership
VP of Social Media
VP of Operations
Social Media Intern
VP of Graphic Design
VP of Analytics
VP of Fundraising
Graphic Design Intern
VP of Sales
2018-2019 Past Officers
2017-2018 Past Officers
President - Wren Martin
Executive Vice President - Kaitlyn Paskel
Rachel Baker, Sarah Caldwell, Maria Alice Correia Palazzi, Hannah Culliton, Joshua Hebert, Emma Huxster, Sofia Mendoza, Mark Noe, Savannah, Perry, Jessie Poole, Nate Steigert
President - Mark Whitten
Executive Vice President - Morgan Swartley
Vice President of Operations - Wren Martin
Vice President of Communications - Sarah Caldwell
Vice President of Social Media - Taylor McGee
Vice President of Fundraising - Emma Huxster
Vice President of Graphic Design - Savannah Perry